Crisis management for social media
Price: By Request
Length: Half day
No brand is immune from a social media crisis. And thanks to the very nature of the medium, things can get very damaging very quickly (remember United Airlines picking a passenger at random and dragging him off the plane to make way for maintenance workers?)
The speed and reach of negative publicity across social media are breath-taking. And that means you only get one chance to get it right when a crisis blows up.
Learning from case studies, you’ll discover how the seeds of a crisis are sown and how it rapidly develops. You’ll learn how to prepare for a crisis and implement a plan if the worst happens.
And you’ll get a feel for what it’s like to respond to a crisis on social media.
What you’ll take away:
- Overview of the typical crisis lifecycle
- Framework for managing crises fuelled by social media
- Hands-on experience in simulated crisis management
Who should attend:
- Communications Managers
- Social Media and Community Managers
- PR and Marketing Managers
- Customer Care teams
- What crisis management is
- Challenges unique to social media
- Case study and discussion
- Psychological considerations for weathering the storm
- Simulation of a crisis scenario with discussion on outcomes
We run this workshop by request, in-house for client and brands who have a team to train.
Blaise Grimes-Viort, Online Community & Social Media Consultant.