BE THE BEST ACCOUNT HANDLER IN YOUR AGENCY
Account Handlers are naturally upbeat and competitive. However, the journey from an entry level role to head of department can be a difficult and frustrating one.
On-the-job training is fine, but only as good as the specific job it’s gained on. It doesn’t focus on what makes a good Account Handler great.
Great account handling is about building long-term, trusting relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties. Trust must be earned. Without it the role can be lonely, pressurised and frustrating.
During this half-day workshop you’ll work through a chest of agency war stories and learn proven account handling methods. You’ll leave with a new sense of purpose and an appreciation of the bigger picture – as well as an eye for the crucial detail. A timely refresher for some, a lifesaver for others.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
- A solid foundation for becoming a great account handler.
- A framework for observing clients in a business-like way.
- An appreciation of why understanding a client’s business is critical to earning their trust.
- Strategies for translating that understanding into presentation structures that move clients to a ‘yes’.
- Skills that will enable you to dig deeper and identify people’s real needs in internal and client meetings.
- Recognition that people buy people and the awareness necessary to develop yourself as a trusted colleague and business partner.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Graduate trainees needing a quick injection of the basics of account handling.
- Account Executives who are doing well but need to progress beyond ‘doing the basics.’
- Account Managers/Supervisors who need help to make the leap to Account Director.
- Project Managers who are increasingly shouldering more account handling responsibility in their PM roles.
How To Book
Workshops run from 9.30 – 1.00pm
at a central London location.
£350 + vat per delegate
BOOK NOW or call Melissa Smith on
020 7323 1966
Meet the Trainer
Client Services Trainer
Paul spent 25 highly successful and exciting years looking after client business at Saatchi & Saatchi in London. A main board member at the agency, he became their Training Director and first Director of Knowledge Practices. Paul has run accounts across a variety of businesses, from the hugely successful bid and launch of the National Lottery, to fast turnaround business on News International. He has led teams on large and complex financial brands and managed countless blue chip FMCG brands. During his time at Saatchi & Saatchi, Paul was recognised for his passion and skill in developing people. He has won several industry awards for learning and development.
- What we love and hate about account handling
- Building trust with your clients
- The PESTLE exercise
- The Presentation Brief
- People buy people