The Crucial Role of the Creative Brief
John Almond, author of “Where Have All the Big Ideas Gone? The critical role of the creative brief in producing great ideas,” demonstrates why a brilliant creative brief really matters.
Drawing on an eclectic mix of sources that includes The Sex Pistols, the SAS and his godson, John makes a compelling case for the creative brief and presents examples of great ideas that would never have been conceived without one.
Using interactive group exercises and real case studies, you will operate in teams, engage in debate and present your outputs to a judging panel that includes a guest speaker from an unexpected discipline.
What you will take away
- Confidence in your ability to spot an excellent brief
- Improved brief-writing techniques
- Great story-telling skills
Who should attend
- Account Managers / Directors at creative and in-house agencies
- Project Managers at creative and in-house agencies
- Creative Directors at creative and in-house agencies
- Marketeers working directly with creatives
- How good are you at writing or assessing briefs?
- Understanding what a great brief look like.
- The art of storytelling.
- Bringing the consumer to life in a compelling way.
- Creating a powerful link between the brand and the consumer (insights and the brand’s promise).
- Every part of the workshop supported with interactive exercises.
- You will write a brief during the workshop that will be judged by a selected panel.
How to book
Our Creative Brief Workshop is run by request only.
If you are interested in running this workshop for your team, please get in touch to find out more.
Meet the Trainers
Marketing Consultant, Trainer and Coach
John studied photography and film at the Royal College of Art. Subsequently he worked at some of the best creative advertising agencies including CDP, TBWA and DDB Needham.
For the last ten years he has advised and coached clients at all level on how to become more creative when contributing to marketing communications development. Such clients include Unilever, Kraft Foods, J&J, Apple and others. John has worked across the world in this respect.
John has also written a book, “Where have all the big ideas gone? The critical role of the creative brief in producing great ideas”.