DIGITAL DELIVERY WORKSHOP
Our one-day Digital Delivery workshop with user experience at its core, provides attendees with a deeper understanding of the digital delivery process, project methodologies and associated documentation to successfully manage a range of digital scopes of work, from small scale online advertising to more complex builds.
Alongside the delivery framework, the immersive workshop breaks down and explodes some of the myths of the digital world explaining the many acronyms that exist and understanding the make-up of the digital team.
Attendees will understand project pitfalls, the challenges at each stage and how to manage the associated risk. As well as learning how to manage each stage of the process, we supply templates for briefing, scoping, planning, specification, design, content, technical implementation, QA, measurement and evaluation and cheat sheets and a glossary of terms to ensure the attendee feels confident in tackling digital projects moving forwards.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
- A process and framework to apply to all digital projects and ‘Cheat sheets’ – key questions that need to be covered at each stage of the process
- An understanding of how to manage each stage of the process including templates for briefing, scoping, planning, specification, design, content, technical implementation, QA, measurement and evaluation
- Project pitfalls, challenges at each stage and managing the associated risk
- Project methodology – when to use Agile
- Key roles and responsibilities of a digital team with a RACI model
- Out-sourcing vs in-house
- An overview of the different technologies involved in digital production and how they are implemented
- How to estimate and set budgets for digital projects
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Account Managers responsible for managing and delivering digital projects
- Project Managers responsible for managing and delivering digital projects
- Resource Managers who need to understand the digital team and process
- Marketing Managers working with agencies delivering digital comms
HOW TO BOOK
Workshops run from 9.30am – 5.oopm
at a central London location.
£550 + vat per delegate including course notes.
BOOK NOW or Call Melissa Smith on
020 7323 1966
Meet the Trainer
Digital Project Management Trainer
Dan has worked in the digital industry since the infancy of the web and has managed large digital teams of Developers, Project Managers, UX and QA.
Dan has also worked as a consultant both agency and client side and within funded start-up environments with Whatafind.com and Lizardorchid.com as well as specialising in multi-market content managed platforms and eCommerce applications for large corporates like easyjet.
Dan’s passion is technology and looking for new ways to innovate with technology to solve client problems.
Part of this passion is knowledge sharing and ensuring people understand the demands on delivering digital projects.
- The digital landscape
- The roles and responsibilities of the digital team (RACI)
- What is Agile and when to this methodology
- Delivery stages, outputs, team responsibilities
- Budgeting and timings per stage
- Common issues, risks and project pitfalls
- The role of UX and its importance for successful delivery
- The role of design and popular topics such as responsive design
- The role of QA and the importance of testing and quality assurance
MEMBER OF THE CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SERVICE
We are a member of the Continuous Professional Development Service – the holistic commitment of professionals towards the enhancement of personal skills and proficiency throughout their careers.
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks.
The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
On certified courses attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance to attach to their CPD log as evidence of development once training is complete.
DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
The Digital Delivery workshop was very informative, and the group size was just the right for lots of questions and discussion. Dan was engaging, patient and was full of useful information as well as being a good trainer. I self-funded this, being freelance, and glad I did, as I went away with a stack of mental and physical notes; we went deeper into Statements of Work, gained enlightenment on how developers do what they do, what UX is really all about, testing, coding ‘speak’ and some useful sites to refer to.. and lots more.
Thanks to the team at IC for feeding us well, and to Dan for being OK with us all asking lots of questions!
Freelance Project Manager
I can highly the Digital Delivery course with Dan. He has worked in his field for years and really knows his stuff! It’s great to hear him relate back to actual projects he has worked on, to help you get a better understanding of how it all works. I found all the content really interesting and relevant and the templates and cheat sheets that are handed out in the workbooks are really useful. I’ll definitely be recommending the workshop to other people.
I found the Digital Project Management course extremely useful and it really helped to me to fill in the gaps in my knowledge. The course was well structured & engaging, I would strongly recommend!
Never was a title for a training course more apt. The mystery, language & specialist roles surrounding the world of digital delivery were expertly explained & contextualised. My team of off-line Project Managers are now tackling digital projects with renewed vigour & understanding.