SELLING THE IDEA - HARNESSING CREATIVITY WORKSHOP
Bill Bernbach said, “Creativity is the most powerful force in business”.
But how do we harness it? And how do we recognise, protect and sell our best ideas?
This one-day workshop gives attendees an understanding of how a tight creative brief is the key to developing strong creative work based on solid foundations.
We also look at the principles of creative problem solving and give you techniques for selling creative solutions.
The workshop is primarily designed for account executives and managers, hybrid project managers who are client facing in the creative industry so they can not only inspire the best ideas, but also make sure they see the light of day.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
• How to collaborate with creatives to develop an effective creative brief
• How to come up with strong creative ideas that answer a set brief
• Creative problem solving techniques you can use straight away
• How to recognise a good idea (and how to spot a bad one)
• How to sell creative ideas both internally and to clients
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Account Executives
- Account Managers
- Account Directors
- Hybrid Project Managers
- Trainee planners
How To Book
Workshops run from 9.30am – 5.00pm
at a central London location.
£495 + vat per delegate including lunch and course notes.
BOOK NOW or Call Melissa Smith on
020 7323 1966
Meet the Trainers
Gail is an ex-senior level advertising creative, trainer and senior lecturer in Creative Advertising at Falmouth University. With a career spanning 25 years at agencies including Bates Dorland, Saatchi and Ogilvy, Gail has industry experience combined with a track record in training and teaching. For the past five years Gail has run her own training consultancy which trained people from oragnisations including Diageo, Zurich and Blue Cross in strategy, planning, brand storytelling and creative thinking skills. She recently joined the staff at Falmouth as Senior Lecturer on their well-respected Creative Advertising BA Hons Degree course.
Sion is an ex-creative director, trainer, author and Head of Subject for Creative Advertising at Falmouth University. With an award-winning career spanning 25 years at agencies including Saatchi & Saatchi, Ogilvy, DDB and Leo Burnett, Sion has a wealth of industry experience combined with a track record in training and teaching and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Prior to his academic career Sion was a Regional Creative Director for Saatchi & Saatchi (CEMEA). Sion was one of the founding development team for Saatchi’s famous Lovemark philosophy and has run workshops in Creative Problem Solving and Storytelling for multinational clients such as Proctor & Gamble. Sion heads the well-respected Creative Advertising BA (Hons) and MA courses at Falmouth.
- Creativity, how to inspire it and become a trusted partner to creative practitioners
- Exploring the ‘idea’ and what makes an advertising ‘idea’ different
- Patterns of thought – how the brain works and how to break out of old ways of thinking
- Basic tools of communication: words and pictures; how words modify images and vice versa
- Methods for stimulating and unblocking the creative process, 12 tried and trusted approaches
- The crucial components of effective briefs, tactical and strategic, errors and pitfalls to avoid
- Harnessing the creative idea, tried and tested methodology for presenting creative solutions
- Client/agency dynamics, linguistic dissonance and modalities
MEMBER OF THE CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SERVICE
We are a member of the Continuous Professional Development Service – the holistic commitment of professionals towards the enhancement of personal skills and proficiency throughout their careers.
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks.
The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
On certified courses attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance to attach to their CPD log as evidence of development once training is complete.