PROJECT MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
This one-day interactive course delivers effective, specific training to equip agency teams with key project management skills and techniques to effectively manage your organisation’s delivery process.
In this workshop, we look at the key stages of a project cycle and then apply skills-practice by using a real case study. This problem based learning is a great method for project management training. We present a problem that needs a resolution – a key skill for any Project Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
- A process and project framework to apply to all marketing projects
- How to effectively manage each stage of the project cycle including templates for briefing, scoping, statement of work, change control and evaluation
- How to identify and manage risk on your project
- An insight into Agile methodology
- How to effectively communicate and motivate your project team
- The key meetings required for successful project planning
- How to measure a project’s success and run an evaluation meeting
- An insight into agency retainers, fees and fixed pricing
- An overview of project management collaboration tools and critical path software.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Account Executives
- Account Managers
- Resource Managers
- Entry Level Project Managers
- Creative Services Executives
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Melissa Smith has worked in Project Management since 1993 and loves turning great ideas into reality. A qualified trainer, Melissa brings a mix of project management techniques and first hand agency experience to arm your team with the skills and techniques to approach and deliver tasks successfully across all media.
- Gathering information
- Identifying issues and future opportunities
- Identifying and managing risk
- Resource planning at a project level and
- The Brief – inclusions and mandatories for
- Critical path – key milestones, task and
contingency planning using available
- Estimating – budgets v estimates, managing scope creep. Remuneration models –
retainer v project fee
- An insight into Waterfall and Agile methodology
- Effective stakeholder management and communication methods
- Motivating the team and understanding their personality type and key motivation on a project
- Multi-tasking tips and techniques
- Meeting Management – leading meetings to reach a successful conclusion
- Identifying evaluation criteria
- How to run a productive evaluation meeting
internally and with the client considering short, medium and long term goals
DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
“The session was really engaging and I genuinely now feel more equipped to use the content from the session as frameworks for my client’s brand ongoing.
Took so much from it, and have already implemented a suggested WOW in the team. Melissa was just brilliant!”.
“I thought the course was very inspiring. Melissa was incredibly motivating and I would thoroughly recommend this workshop to any Account or Project Managers, Junior or Senior”.
How To Book
Workshops run from 9.30 – 5.00pm
at a central London location.
£395 + vat per delegate including lunch and course notes.
BOOK NOW or Call Melissa Smith on
020 7323 1966