PROJECT MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
This one-day interactive workshop delivers really immersive training for anyone project managing marketing projects. Using our process framework, a real case study and project documentation, attendees complete exercises at each phase of the project cycle from scoping to evaluation.
This problem based learning is a great method for project management training. We present a problem that needs a resolution – a key skill for any Project Manager.
Good communication and managing the project team is a key part of the workshop, so attendees leave feeling confident in their people skills as well as project administration.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
- A process and project framework to apply to all marketing projects
- How to effectively manage each stage of the project cycle including templates for briefing, scoping, statement of work, change control and evaluation
- How to identify and manage risk on your project
- When to use Waterfall or Agile methodology
- How to effectively communicate and motivate your project team
- How to run a successful project meeting
- How to measure a project’s success and run an evaluation meeting
- An insight into agency retainers, fees and fixed pricing
- An overview of project management collaboration tools and critical path software.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Account handlers who are also responsible for project planning and delivery
- Project Managers with less than 2 years experience
- Resource Managers working alongside project managers
- Creative Services managers responsible for project planning and delivery
- Producers who are involved in project planning as well as delivery
How To Book
Workshops run from 9.30 – 5.00pm
at a central London location.
£450 + vat per delegate including lunch and course notes.
BOOK NOW or Call Melissa Smith on
020 7323 1966
Meet the Trainer
Project Management Trainer
Having spent 20 years working in project management and senior operational roles across some of London’s leading agencies at Board Level, Melissa has developed and delivered the Project Management course since 2012. A qualified trainer, Melissa brings a mix of project management techniques and first hand agency experience to arm your team with the skills and techniques to approach and deliver tasks successfully across all media. Melissa continues to consult with many organisations on their operational processes and advise on best practice in marketing project management.
- How to successfully scope a project
- Identifying and managing risks on a project
- Project planning including costs and timings
- How to write a statement of work
- Managing change and scope creep
- When to use agile or waterfall
- Managing the project team
- Meeting planning and management
- How to run a project wash up
- Project Management tools
MEMBER OF THE CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SERVICE
We are a member of the Continuous Professional Development Service – the holistic commitment of professionals towards the enhancement of personal skills and proficiency throughout their careers.
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks.
The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
On certified courses attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance to attach to their CPD log as evidence of development once training is complete.
DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
Really great, effective training. I took a lot from it as I was really keen to further my PM skills. I particularly found delving into personality types and how to manage each very useful to tackle daily issues I come across. Thanks to Melissa
The session was really engaging and I genuinely now feel more equipped to use the content from the session as frameworks for my client’s brand ongoing.
Took so much from it, and have already implemented a suggested WOW in the team. Melissa was just brilliant!
I thought the course was very inspiring. Melissa was incredibly motivating and I would thoroughly recommend this workshop to any Account or Project Managers, Junior or Senior
The workshop gave me a clear sense of how the process should work and more importantly, a better idea of how to lead in my role. An understanding of how to read through situations and gather the important statistics such as risk before they become a problem. It was really useful to understand what you need to be looking out for, especially as being early on in your role, you can be overwhelmed by a lot of the information. It’s invaluable to be given a process to help you digest this in a productive way.