PROJECT MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
This one-day interactive workshop delivers really immersive training for anyone project managing marketing projects. Using our process framework, a real case study and project documentation, attendees complete exercises at each phase of the project cycle from scoping to evaluation.
This problem based learning is a great method for project management training. We present a problem that needs a resolution – a key skill for any Project Manager.
Good communication and managing the project team is a key part of the workshop, so attendees leave feeling confident in their people skills as well as project administration.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
- A process and project framework to apply to all marketing projects
- How to effectively manage each stage of the project cycle including templates for briefing, scoping, statement of work, change control and evaluation
- How to identify and manage risk on your project
- When to use Waterfall or Agile methodology
- How to effectively communicate and motivate your project team
- How to run a successful project meeting
- How to measure a project’s success and run an evaluation meeting
- An insight into agency retainers, fees and fixed pricing
- An overview of project management collaboration tools and critical path software.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Account handlers who are also responsible for project planning and delivery
- Project Managers with less than 2 years experience
- Resource Managers working alongside project managers
- Creative Services managers responsible for project planning and delivery
- Producers who are involved in project planning as well as delivery
How To Book
Workshops run from 9.30 – 5.00pm
at a central London location.
£450 + vat per delegate including course notes.
BOOK NOW or Call Melissa Smith on
020 7323 1966
Meet the Trainer
Founder/Project Management Trainer
Having spent 20 years working in project management and senior operational roles across some of London’s leading agencies at Board Level, Melissa has developed and delivered the Project Management course since 2012. A qualified trainer, Melissa brings a mix of project management techniques and first hand agency experience to arm your team with the skills and techniques to approach and deliver tasks successfully across all media. Melissa continues to consult with many organisations on their operational processes and advise on best practice in marketing project management.
- How to successfully scope a project
- Identifying and managing risks on a project
- Project planning including costs and timings
- How to write a statement of work
- Managing change and scope creep
- When to use agile or waterfall
- Managing the project team
- Meeting planning and management
- How to run a project wash up
- Project Management tools
MEMBER OF THE CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SERVICE
We are a member of the Continuous Professional Development Service – the holistic commitment of professionals towards the enhancement of personal skills and proficiency throughout their careers.
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks.
The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
On certified courses attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance to attach to their CPD log as evidence of development once training is complete.
DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
Melissa is a fantastic teacher, what struck me was that after the initial briefing where she asked each of us to divulge a little about ourselves, it was clear she really listened and truly understood. I felt this because she would constantly refer back to people’s examples and experiences and based on their role she may have said (e.g) “Sarah you likely use teamGantt” and would be right. This true understanding of the industry made the session extremely informative for me. November 2018
Melissa was absolutely fantastic and I’ve left the session taking so much away to use in the future! February 2019
I found the way the content was presented was highly engaging and easy to understand. The templates were so useful and I will definitely be using them. It made me think about how I work and need to work better. Brilliant course, thank you! February 2019
Senior Client Executive
I just wanted to thank you for the course and say how great I thought Melissa was – she really taught us a lot and is clearly incredibly passionate and knowledgable. I really got a lot out of the day. November 2018.