RESOURCE MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
In this engaging, interactive and practical course, you’ll learn the strategies to plan and practice effective resource management to enhance your company’s internal operations and proﬁt margins.
You’ll learn from real life case studies with our trainer’s extensive experience and have the chance to discuss your own take on these challenges. You’ll leave with the skills, knowledge, commercial awareness and conﬁdence to apply proven techniques in your day-to-day work.
The course is highly relevant for anyone involved in managing internal resources and associated cost or proﬁt centres – Operations Directors, Resource Managers, Project Managers, Heads of Delivery or people in less formal resource management roles who are involved in the delivery of major projects.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
- A clear understanding of resource management and the positive contribution it makes to a business
- How to evaluate utilisation and align commercials throughout the resourcing process
- The skills and approaches necessary to manage resources in order to boost proﬁts
- The conﬁdence to motivate your resources and manage their welfare
- Proven tools and methodologies to plan, evaluate and monitor resources in your business leading to continuous improvements
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Resource managers, from those new to the role to those established in the job looking to heighten their commercial awareness
- Project managers who want to manage projects better and understand more about structured resource management
- Heads of delivery who want to fine-tune their existing resource management capability and improve overall delivery and operational efficiency
- People in less formal resource management roles yet who are involved in the delivery of major projects
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Resource Management and Operations Consultant
Jo provides the resource management consultancy which is so vital to successful business transformation. A straight talker, she helps businesses get the very most from their resources by focusing on their wider business goals. Finance, new business development, project management, recruitment and HR all fall within the scope of Jo’s consultancy expertise. For more than 20 years, Jo has held senior roles in production, resource management and operations. Today, as a resource management consultant, she’s helping businesses enact change that brings immediate improvements in efficiency, enhances culture and delivers fast return on investment and runs our Resource Management for commercial success workshop.
Defining resource management
- What resource management actually is and what it means in your organisation.
- There’s a lot more to it than just allocating a person to a task. As the backbone of a good business, it feeds into finance, new business, account management, project health, recruitment and HR
How to resource
- Building on the backbone principle, this section establishes the importance of knowledge.
- The emphasis is on three critical areas: knowing your agency, knowing your team and knowing what your client expects of you
Being a Resource Manager
- The role itself. What it means on a day-to-day basis, how it fits into your organisation’s long-term strategy, the quirks of the role and what makes an exceptional resource manager
The tools of the trade
- A detailed look at how stand-up meetings, Kanban boards, timelines and other resources can personalise – and turbocharge – the way you manage your resources
Putting it all into practice
- The course concludes with a look at real life scenarios Jo has dealt with
- This is your chance to apply the backbone principle and discuss your approach to common resource management challenges
DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
I recently attended Jo’s Resource Management Workshop. It was so useful, packed full of super-relevant agency life examples. It was great to discuss and learn more about the value of the role of resource manager, and gain invaluable insight into how successful resource management can have a big impact on financials. Jo was engaging throughout and I’m still referring back to her course materials weeks later!
Jo provides very insightful knowledge, using her experience to tailor a solid course on Resource Management to a broad audience. She is great at cutting away the peripheral nonsense, getting straight to the point of a problem and, more importantly, understanding how best to solve it. I think more people in a financial role would benefit from her expertise.
How To Book
Workshops run from 9.30am – 5.00pm
at a central London location.
£395 + vat per delegate including lunch and course notes.
BOOK NOW or Call Melissa Smith on
020 7323 1966