RESOURCE MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
In this unique, engaging and practical workshop you’ll learn how resource management can positively transform internal operations and improve profit margins.
If you want to add 10% to your bottom line, improve project health, drive staff retention, align your recruitment and training plans to your business pipeline then this workshop is highly relevant for you.
Resource Management is a unique discipline, but is often misunderstood, undervalued and treated as little, or nothing, more than human tetris. Our workshop focuses on how resource management is a strategic role crucial to the overall operations and health of a business.
You’ll learn from real life case studies from our trainer’s extensive experience and you’ll have the chance to discuss your own take on these challenges. You’ll leave with the knowledge, commercial awareness, skills and conﬁdence to practise strategic resource management that WILL add value.
WHAT YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
- A clear understanding of resource management and the positive contribution it makes to your business.
- How to align resource planning to agreed project scope and commercials in order to protect project and retainer health.
- How to resource plan 3-6 months ahead and align recruitment and staff development planning.
- The skills and conﬁdence to manage conflicting resource requests and guide the decision making process on priorities.
- How to manage the expectations of those more senior to you – managing from the middle.
- Tools and top tips to help you plan, evaluate and monitor resources in your business leading to continuous improvements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Operations directors who want to improve overall delivery and operational efficiency.
- Finance directors looking to improve and protect profit margins and gain visibility of billing, cash flow and income recognition.
- HR & recruitment managers looking to improve staff welfare and retention and to align recruitment, staff training and development plans to the project pipeline.
- Resource managers, from those new to the role to those established in the job looking to heighten their commercial awareness.
- Project managers who want to manage projects better and understand more about structured resource management
- Defining resource management
- Value added resource management
- Key principles – knowledge, plan, allocate, evaluate
- The role of a resource manager
- Tools of the trade
- Putting it into practice – problem solving
HOW TO BOOK
Workshop runs online from 9.30am – 4.00pm
£495 + vat per person
Meet the Trainer
Resource Management Consultant & Trainer
As a leading resource management consultant and trainer, Jo helps her clients get the most from their Resource Management function by focusing on their wider business goals. Transformation is at the heart of her expertise, particularly focusing on improvements in efficiency and culture.
Resource Management, finance, new business development, project management, recruitment and HR all fall within the scope of Jo’s consultancy expertise.
Tired of seeing resource management treated as a game of human tetris, Jo developed a resource management workshop and regularly publishes articles to highlight the value this unique discipline plays in a business.
MEMBER OF THE CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SERVICE
We are a member of the Continuous Professional Development Service – the holistic commitment of professionals towards the enhancement of personal skills and proficiency throughout their careers.
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks.
The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
On certified courses attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance to attach to their CPD log as evidence of development once training is complete.
DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
Jo was fantastic. Being trained by someone who has learnt from their past experience is really powerful and something I could really identify with. I had a few lightbulb moments and as a result, I’m going to implement a change to our business which could really make a big difference to our process. April 2019
Resource & Traffic Manager
I’m sure there’s not a resourcing issue that Jo hasn’t come across or overcome which made this a really interesting, relative and thought provoking course. Certainly got me thinking about the way we work and the subtle adjustments that will make the world of difference to our resourcing. November 2018.
Jo’s course was a Revelation! Her ability to break scenarios down and drill home the core principles of Resource Management really helped me understand it’s integral function and the positive effect it can have on the agency’s bottom line.
Jo has an authentic voice of experience. All of Jo’s content and guidance was relevant and relatable and easy to digest whilst also being comprehensive.
It genuinely helped me better understand how to boost the effectiveness of my role and become more strategic & ops focused. Loved Jo’s no-nonsense approach and I trusted her advice.