Industry Club Limited (the “Company”) is committed to respecting and protecting Your privacy. This Privacy Notice is provided for our prospective, existing and former clients and candidates.
We will only process Your personal data in accordance with the Notices (and any other information we give to you about how we process Your personal data), and in accordance with the current and future Data Protection Legislation.
The Data Protection Legislation is:
- the Data Protection Act 1998 or,
- the Privacy in Electronic Communication Regulation 2003
- from the date it comes into force in the United Kingdom, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679).
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We obtain your personal data directly from you
Examples of how we obtain personal data from you include: provision of your CV via email or our website, when you give Us information via email or online private mail systems, or during a telephone conversation. We give you the option of submitting your CV via this website. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. Your CV will be emailed directly to our recruitment consultants who review your details and enter them onto our central in-house database. This database, including the information relating to you, can be accessed by any of our recruitment consultants working in the Company.
In order to validate you we request official photo ID such as a passport or driving licence. This data is held securely in our systems and only used for the purposes of verifying you.
HOW WE MAY CONTACT YOU
The Industry Club provides a very detailed and personal service to candidates for their job search. We will contact you either by telephone or email. This has been possible due to you having provided us with consent to do so or by applying legitimate interest. This means that you have provided information about yourself on the understanding that we will need to contact you to help you seek new employment.
USE OF TOOLS/COOKIES
- PHPSESSID – This just holds session information and doesn’t store any personal data. It also expires when the browser window is closed.
- Standard analytics js cookies: _ga _gat _gid
- You can find out details of these cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- Captcha on the forms uses the Google cookie NID.
When playing a video, YouTube cookies are also dropped. These are:
- IDE (doubleclick)
- PREF (youtube)
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE (youtube)
- YSC (youtube)
HOW TO WITHHOLD PERSONAL DATA
You can control all of our sources of Your personal data. You can:
- provide less personal data than we request;
- not respond to Our communications regarding new job opportunities;
- change your internet browser settings to prohibit cookies.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
For as long as We have access to your personal data, We will use it for the following purposes, unless otherwise required as a result of You exercising Your data protection rights. We may use Your personal data for any of the following purposes:
PURPOSE AND USE OF DATA and LEGAL BASIS
(1) To provide our service and information about possible job roles in accordance with your previous experience and preferences.
(2) To provide You with information about specific roles we believe are relevant or responding to Your enquiry regarding a specific role made directly to us. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest in responding to Your requests and enquiries.
(4) To understand and identify Your requirements of Us, by building a profile about You and your preferences relevant to your interest in new jobs.
(5) To send you solicited or unsolicited direct marketing (unless you ask us to stop), consisting of relevant information about our services to support your job search.
(6) We may send notifications by e.g. by email, telephone, post or social media. You can stop the above notifications at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
(7) To carry out ID Verification in line with the requirements of a specific role; this could include security checks such as DBS, if requested by the employer’s legitimate interest is in relation to us completing a contract for the services of job search.
(8) To help us detect and take action against security breaches, fraud and other crimes, and other risks to Us. Our legitimate interest in addressing security breaches, frauds and other crimes or risks that may affect our business.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will hold Your personal data for 6 years (based upon the average job change timeline being 5 years) or we are notified that you are deceased, or you or a regulator ask Us to stop processing Your personal data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
For as long as We have access to your personal data, We may share any of it with any of the following to the extent that they need to have access to Your personal data in order to perform their role:
(1) Anyone within Our organisation which includes, without limitation, Our sales and marketing teams, and our finance team.
(2) Selected third parties who help us to perform our services with you. This includes third parties who help us directly such as our recruitment software companies: Chameleoni and DropBox.
(3) The Governments and authorities of the United Kingdom, and in particular HMRC.
(4) Our IT service providers who provide, maintain, improve, manage, optimise or fix the IT facilities that We use or rely on in our business, including computing devices, computer networks, connectivity, telecommunications, software, our Website.
(5) Our online service providers, who provide marketing and advertising placement services for Us, including providers of search engines, analytics services, behavioural marketing services, and online applications and services including social media.
(6) Any third party company or companies in the event that We go through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another person or company, or selling a portion of Our assets.
We reserve the right to disclose Your personal data to other third parties if We have lawful grounds to do so, or are under a legal obligation to disclose or share it with them, or in order to established, exercise or defend Our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The Company cannot guarantee that any employer or client will keep confidential any candidate information or data provided to the employer or client.
OUR TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA ABROAD
Your data is held within a secure area of DropBox where only The Industry Club personnel can access. This data is held in the USA, however, DropBox hold all the data security accreditations necessary to secure data.
The European Commission decides, for the purposes of Data Protection Legislation, whether or not states outside the European Economic Area have “adequate” safeguards for personal data.
In the case of the United States, it is not currently considered to provide adequate safeguards, although its Government operates Privacy Shield and members of that scheme are considered to have “adequate” safeguards. DropBox hold a Privacy Shield certificate.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION:
(1) You have the right to access personal data that We hold about You. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. You can submit a data access request at any time. In order to do this, please contact Us at email@example.com.
(2) If You become aware of any inaccuracies in Your personal data which We process on Your behalf, You have a right to ask us to rectify the inaccuracies. On receiving Your request We will either fulfil it or explain why We have decided not to.
(3) To the extent that (a) We no longer need to use Your personal data (e.g. You no longer wish to receive marketing from Us, or You tell us that no longer wish to go on cruises) for purposes described in our Notices, or (b) We rely on Your consent and You have withdrawn it, or (c) You object to our legitimate interests for using Your personal data and no exception applies to permit Us to keep using it, or (d) it is established that We did not have the lawful right to process Your personal data, or (e) the law requires us to erase Your personal data, You may ask us to erase Your personal data. If we erase Your personal data, Your ability to use our services will be affected.
(4) You have the right to ask Us not to process Your personal data for marketing purposes (including profiling). You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing Us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(5) You have the right to object to Our processing of your personal data to the extent that (a) We use the personal data on grounds of Our legitimate interests and no exception applies to permit us to keep using it, or (b) We use it for direct marketing purposes, or (c) We use it for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes and no exception applies to permit Us to keep using it.
(6) You have the right to ask us to restrict Our processing of your personal data to the extent that (a) You have questioned the accuracy of the personal data and We are still checking its accuracy, (b) it is established that We did not have the lawful right to process the personal data, (c) We no longer need to use Your personal data for the purposes We collected or used it for but You need it to be preserved for the purposes of legal claims, or (d) You have exercised Your right to object to Our use of your personal data and no exception applies to permit us to keep using it.
(7) You have the right to request that We provide to You, or to another data controller on Your behalf, a copy of any of Your personal data which We process using automated means based on your consent, so that You may reuse such personal data for Your own purposes on alternative services.
(8) You have the right not to be subject to automated processing which significantly affects You, unless We need to carry out the automated decision-making to enter into or perform our services with You, or We are authorised by law to use the personal data for automated decision- making, or We have Your explicit consent.
(9) You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner (http://www.ico.gov.uk/) if You have any concerns in respect of the handling of Your personal data by the Company.
If You would like to exercise any of the above rights, including to withdraw Your consent (where Our processing of Your personal information relies on Your consent), please contact Us at email@example.com
OUR PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have taken reasonable steps to put in place appropriate security measures to protect Your personal data when it is processed by Us or on our behalf.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time. If this Privacy Notice changes in any way, We will place an updated version on our Website. Regularly reviewing our Website ensures that You are always aware of what information We collect, how We use it and under what circumstances, if any, We will share it with other parties.
If You do not agree to the changes that we make from time to time, please tell us via firstname.lastname@example.org. If material changes are made to this Privacy Notice, We will notify You by placing a prominent notice on the Website.
YOUR COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED
If You have any questions or comments regarding the Privacy Notice, You can send Us an email at email@example.com